President Donald Trump and his family members have fascinating relationships, to say the least. From awkward father-daughter dynamics to rumored affairs and high-profile divorces, the Trumps have dealt with it all — and Donald isn’t afraid to comment on every scandal. These are the most bizarre things Donald Trump has said about his family. One shocking comment about his daughter Tiffany really raised eyebrows (page 9).
1. He and Melania’s lack of conflict
- “We literally have never had an argument or forget about the word ‘fight.'”
Many wonder how the first lady can handle standing by her husband’s side. In a 2005 interview with Larry King, Trump explained his compatibility with Melania, saying they never fight. He reiterated this by stating, “We’ve never even had an argument. We just are very compatible.”
Next: His youngest son’s privacy is negotiable.
2. His political tweet involving Barron
- “Jared Kushner did very well yesterday in proving he did not collude with the Russians. Witch Hunt. Next up, 11 year old Barron Trump!”
POTUS criticized many who involved his youngest son, Barron, in political commentaries. Even Chelsea Clinton asked people to stop dragging the now-12-year-old into the messy landscape of White House politics. But shortly after most agreed Barron deserved his privacy, Trump tweeted about his youngest son, implying he’ll need to get involved in the Russia investigation. Many Twitter users jumped to Barron’s defense, telling Trump to leave his son out of it and accusing him of being hypocritical.
Next: “A piece of ass” in the White House
3. His hopes of dating his daughter
- “If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
When Trump called Ivanka “a piece of ass” and said, “She’s got the best body,” everyone freaked out. Then he said he might date her under different circumstances. Unfortunately, he didn’t learn his lesson. When Trump ran for office, he shared, “If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father …”
Next: Trump couldn’t handle this basic part of parenting.
4. His struggles to connect with his children
- I adore them all, but I’ve never been great at playing with toy trucks and dolls.”
Trump’s kids have shared about his absence from their early lives. But it’s sad to hear about POTUS’s lack of parenting skills. In his biography, Trump: The Art of the Deal, the business mogul wrote, “As they get older, being a father gets easier,” and he divulges he struggled to play with them. Trump said he finally connected with his eldest son when Donald Trump Jr. started showing interest “in buildings and real estate and sports.”
Next: What happens in the Trumps’ bedroom doesn’t stay there.
5. His appreciation of Melania’s naked body
- “She is actually naked. It’s a thing of beauty.”
In 1999, Stern asked Donald, “Let me talk to that broad in your bed.” Then Melania got on the phone, explaining she was nearly naked and she and Donald had sex more than once a day. Then Donald got back on the phone and explained Melania’s current state of undress. Now that they’re the first couple this conversation feels extremely awkward.
Next: What Trump really thinks about his son-in-law
6. Jared Kushner’s ‘little boy’ looks
- “Look at Jared, he looks like a little boy, like a child.”
White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner seemingly blew his chance to verbally represent his father-in-law. According to The Trump White House, Trump turned to his aides while watching his son-in-law speak to the media and said he looks like a “little boy.” Ivanka’s husband also received flak later, with many on social media saying Kushner sounded like a young boy who hadn’t reached puberty yet.
Next: Trump’s comment about “knowing Melania” raised eyebrows.
7. His refusal to help manage kids and a home
- If you have the money, having children is great. Now I know Melania, I’m not going to be doing the diapers, I’m not gonna be making the food, I may never even see the kids.
Trump praises his wife, even when revealing less-than-stellar details about himself. In 2005, before his son Barron’s birth, Trump sat down with Larry King to discuss his thoughts on having children with Melania. It upset many who believe his model of parenting is antiquated and unhealthy.
Next: Privilege hurt his kids?
8. Wealth gave his kids a disadvantage
- “Statistically, my children have a very bad shot,”
The Trump kids attended elite schools and received opportunities other young adults don’t. But Donald believes they faced many hardships as he told Playboy in 1990. After claiming his kids have a “bad shot,” he said, “Children of successful people are generally very, very troubled, not successful.” Luckily, Ivanka & Co. proved him wrong.
Next: Trump raised eyebrows with this shocking comment about Tiffany.
9. Tiffany Trump as an afterthought
- “I’m very proud because Don and Eric and Ivanka and, you know, to a lesser extent because she just got out of school, out of college, but, Tiffany, who’s also been so terrific.”
Trump’s second daughter has said her father wasn’t present as she grew up. And it shows when Donald speaks about Tiffany. On Election Day 2016, he shared about his first three kids to Fox & Friends, then awkwardly added on Tiffany at the end.
In March 2018, Trump praised Ivanka but barely mentioned Tiffany: “Speaking of a job well done, we have two of my daughters here today: Ivanka, who is working hard on infrastructure! Ivanka … and Tiffany!” Trump also didn’t follow Tiffany on Twitter until after the RNC.
Next: What the Trump siblings think about little sister Tiffany
10. His children’s shrinking inheritances
- “Well, you know, it does cut up the pie as you keep producing.”
Stern once asked the future president how the kids feel about losing some of their inheritance to a new baby. Trump said Ivanka and Donald Jr. weren’t happy when they found out about another sibling (Tiffany). Then, he agreed when the radio host asked if the two wanted to “bump off a child.”
Stern later said, “Tiffany has taken out a hit on Melania’s new baby [Barron]. Is there any truth to that?” Trump acknowledged it, comparing their inheritances to pie.
Next: Most people don’t want to imagine POTUS’s sex life.
11. Melania is skilled in the bedroom
- “Well, she is terrific in bed. She wouldn’t want me to say that, but she is.”
The president isn’t exactly known for his decorum, which is why when Howard Stern asked him about remarrying after being divorced twice Trump gave a crude answer about his sex life with Melania. On The Howard Stern Show in 2004, he elaborated that she is terrific in bed.
Next: Trump takes great pride in this quality.
12. The attractiveness of his oldest daughter
- “Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?”
President Trump will never live down his comments about Ivanka’s body. The first recorded incident of inappropriateness occurred when a 16-year-old Ivanka Trump hosted the 1997 Miss Universe Pageant. According to the Independent, Donald asked the then-Miss Universe and asked about Ivanka’s hotness, and she didn’t know how to respond.
Next: Donald’s relationship with his in-laws
13. He has minimal contact with Melania’s parents
- “I was there for about 13 minutes. We landed. I said, Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. Bye.”
We don’t hear a lot about Melania’s parents. News sources noted a marriage to Trump came with the promise that Melania would never have to go back to Eastern Europe. Well, they visited once. President Trump told Larry King about his brief visit to Slovenia — not exactly an impressive way to meet your future in-laws.
Next: The president reveals his bodily priorities.
14. He’ll stay with Melania if her breasts stay too
- “How do the breasts look?”
If his alleged affair with Stormy Daniels occurred, the POTUS broke his wedding vows shortly after he and Melania tied the knot. However, in a 2005 chat with Howard Stern, Trump said he’d keep his vows as long as Melania’s body was intact. Stern asked if Trump would stay married to her if she was disfigured in an accident. The hotel mogul replied with concern about her breasts.
Next: Donald got his wife for “the right price.”
15. His negotiations for Melania
- “I got her for the right price, Howard … I really made a good deal.”
In 2002, Trump negotiated a modeling contract for Melania to appear on an NYC billboard. During an interview, Stern implied she must’ve bribed him, saying, “She must be great in the sack.” Trump replied about Melania’s price, proving that what Trump means to say can come out all wrong.
Next: Her style choice was a “natural” disaster.
16. Melania has been ‘abused’
- “She’s taken tremendous abuse. She wants to look, out of respect for the White House, wants to look good leaving the front entrance to the White House.”
The POTUS does rush to his wife’s defense. After Melania received flack for wearing stilettos while visiting hurricane victims in Texas, Trump defended her. But some think making fun of Melania’s wardrobe doesn’t qualify as “tremendous abuse.” It could be worse; folks compared Michelle Obama to an ape and called her horrible names.
Next: Divorce jokes aren’t funny.
17. Her possible exit as a public joke
- So many people have left the White House … Now the question everyone keeps asking is, “Who is going to be the next to leave? Steve Miller or Melania?”
Trump’s White House is a revolving door. From FBI directors to chiefs of staff, there’s no telling who will go next. According to Trump, it could be his wife. At the 2018 Gridiron Club Dinner, he joked about who’d exit next, and then asked for forgiveness for the jab, turning to Melania and saying, “That is terrible, honey, but you love me, right?”
Next: Trump’s overconfidence rubs off.
18. Melania’s confidence in his presidency
- “[She] always thought that “if you run, you will win.” She would tell everyone that, ‘no doubt, he will win.’
Though reports suggest Trump’s presidential win devastated Melania, the couple said those were false reports. The president says Melania knew he’d win all along. In November 2017, his tweet showed his confidence in this assertion.
Next: Melania has questionable priorities.
20. Just leave her alone
- “[She is a] private person.”
Melania seems uncomfortable with the scrutiny and spotlight of the White House. In an October 2017 interview with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, President Trump confirmed this theory, calling his wife a “private person” and explained she doesn’t want the attention she gets. Perhaps he should have considered his wife’s feelings before running for office.
Next: Will Melania be his last marriage?
21. His last chance at love
- “[My years with Melania] for whatever reasons have been my most successful. I have to imagine she had something to do with that.”
In his 70s now, we doubt the president wants to lose the first lady. She can tolerate his antics, and it’s clear he admires her because of it. He once told gossip columnist Cindy Adams how successful his time with Melania has been. We’re just here to see how this saga will continue.
Check out America's Spotlight on Facebook!